Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 Winter Open House











Being an intern at Positive Images has been a very good experience. Recently, I helped put together our 2011 Winter Open House. With this open house, I invited kids in my community to come out and have a good time. I was excited while planning this event because I knew kids at my school would take advantage of this opportunity and make it a great experience.

I encouraged youth to come out to this event to enjoy free food, free buddy photos, a DJ, and poetry performances. I really wanted the youth in Oakland to have a place to come to chill and to have fun with their friends.

In this blog, I added some photos that were taken at the open house. These are just a few of the great photos that were taken of some of the participants in our open house. Due to this event being such a success, I’m already working on a 2011 open house for the spring. If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them with me. I am open to suggestions to make our event better for everyone. Moving forward, we plan on hosting open houses four times a year. So your opinions and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks to all who came out! Happy New Year everyone.

Dion C.
Positive Images Intern

No comments: